Hi Stampers, Happy Friday to you…..I LOVE Fridays…..last day of the week, and it' supposed to be sunny and 70 tomorrow, whoo hooo!…..Hope your world is SUNNY TOO!
I spent most of yesterday working on a new banner for my business Facebook page!…..yes it took most of the day, ha-ha, because I'm notoriously slow when it comes to some programs on the computer!…tee hee…I know many of you can relate, but I'm also stubborn, and I worked on it until I got it!.
Here it is. I took 3 of my most recent card creations, and resized and added them. There is a little pop up box that goes over the bottom left, so I had to leave that blank. So, if I don't say so myself, it looks pretty good over there!…I'm thinking I might make some business cards with this picture too – what do you think?
And check it out on my BUSINESS FACEBOOK PAGE – and while you're there, please sign up to be my friend, and share my posts!…I would sure appreciate that……then come back ok, because I have a question for you!….
Here is my question: DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB? – I mean – do you Seriously like your job?
Last weekend in the USA TODAY paper, there was a supplement and it was all about DIRECT SELLING – and I just finished reading it!….It was an eye opener…..so, here are a few questions that relate to the first question
- Do you worry about being laid off or downsized?
- Does your employer dictate what hours you work?
- Do you need a degree to get a new job out there in that competitive corporate world?
- Does the current Salary cap on your job description stop you from getting a raise, no matter how hard you work and how many sales awards you have earned (I SO hated that!)
- Do you have to ask permission to take a day off?
- Does booking your vacations require working around everyone else's schedules – and you're only allowed 3 weeks a year?
- Is there a dress code where you work?
- Is your job – something that you are truly interested in? Does it stimulate you? Does it give you satisfaction?
YOu might wonder why I'm asking you these questions – the reason? I work full time, and NONE OF THESE APPLY TO ME!…(ok, except the part about my job stimulating me- I LOVE MY JOB)!.
- I have the support of a respectful and successful company that provides me with excellent tools and service to support me.
- I can never be fired or downsized
- I can work when I want to and as little or as much as I want
- I don't need a degree in ANYTHING
- I can work more and earn more money, there is no cap on my salary
- I can take a day off whenever I want
- I can take a vacation when ever I want
- I often go to work in my sweatpants and sneakers!…..and, hello – I TAKE MY DOGS WITH ME!. – (and it's a really short commute), tee hee..
- and I get to choose the people I wish to work with!.
I was in the corporate world for over 30 years as a banker. Yes, suits, nylons, high heels, endless meetings, long days, working nights and weekends, being told to take classes and having to use my holidays to do so. I am thankful for everything that job provided to me, financial security, a ton of sales classes, business classes, customer service classes, all things I now use in my business. But what I'm most thankful for these days, is my independence.
As a Stampin Up Demonstrator - I have all of the above!. It didn't happen overnight, but in 3 short years, it has become a very successful business for me. (I was a hobby demo the first year).
When I started, I knew little about the computer, I didn't know how to blog….so I found Heather at BLOGS BY HEATHER, she started my blog for me and gave me basic instructions to get me going. (she is very helpful and is now one of my best friends).
I wanted to learn more, so I looked online for some help, and I found blogging and online business building classes with JOHN at STAMPING IS MY BUSINESS – These are online classes that are taped, so I could sign in to the live class, or if it didn't fit into my schedule, he was kind enough to provide links to the taped version – and he adds new ones all the time! Great resource.
Stampin Up provides all kinds of learning tools, incentives and bonus that you can earn throughout the year, a great product which they stand behind 100%, they provide my customers and myself, with excellent customer service and here is something I NEVER got at the bank!….A Free vacation for Ian and I!…
Last year (in my 3rd year as a demonstrator), I earned the incentive trip that year from STAMPIN UP – and next Sunday, we fly to Florida for an all expense paid week at DISNEYWORLD. Then this year, I earned the 2012 incentive trip to FIJI, which we will take next April…..now how exciting is that!…
Here is something else that happened! – I now have stamping friends all over the world! an unexpected bonus!
I LOVE MY JOB - and if you would like to LOVE YOUR JOB TOO – let's chat!…I would love to have you join my team! and if you want a PILE more information about this, CLICK HERE
on that note, I'M OFF TO WORK – I hope you enjoy your day as much as Oscar, Lucy and I are going to!
Hugs and Happy Stamping and if you need stamping supplies, I would LOVE to be your Demonstrator!
Check the Clearance Rack Often, as new Items will be added as the catalog transition continues
Check out Stampin Up's NEWEST Products HERE
Need a Class Idea – or just want hours of Stamping Fun – check out my Online Stamping Classes
Come Stamp with me- In My Portland Oregon Stamping Studio CLASS SCHEDULE
Earn FREE STAMPS & Free Tutorials – Join the CORGI CLUB – my Customer REWARDS Program
Join my HAPPY STAMPING TEAM - Become a Stampin Up Demonstrator - details here